MBO wins "World Market Leader Champion" award
Nov. 25, 2020
Komori Corporation (Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan; Representative Director, President and CEO: Satoshi Mochida) has announced that MBO Postpress Solutions GmbH ("MBO"), subsidiary in Germany, wins "World Market Leader Champion" award.
After winning the "World Market Leader - Future Champion" award of the magazine "WirtschaftsWoche" twice in succession, MBO has now made it onto the "Global Market Leaders 2021" list. The basis for the evaluation is the current world market leader index. This index is compiled under the scientific leadership of Prof. Dr. Christoph Müller and in cooperation with the Akademie Deutscher Weltmarktfüher (ADWM, Academy of German Global Market Leaders, based in Schwäbisch Hall) of Dr. Walter Döring, retired minister for economic affairs of the state of Baden-Wuerttemberg.
Inclusion of companies among the "World Market Leaders Champions" is based on the following criteria:
1. Ownership share of over 50% based outside the German-speaking countries
2. Global market: Active on at least 3 of 6 continents, through their own production facilities and/or sales companies or exports
3. Annual turnover of at least € 50 m
4. Company ranks 1st or 2nd on the relevant world market (segment)
5. Exports/foreign turnover account for more than 50% of total sales
The other listed World Market Leader Champions include such renowned companies such as Adidas, Bayer, Daimler, SAP or Siemens. Komori is delighted that MBO has received the award, which it sees as confirmation that, despite a difficult market environment, it has set the right course in recent months.
More details appear in the current special edition of WirtschaftsWoche, entitled "The 500 Hidden World Market Leaders 2021".