Komori Group Personal Information Protection Policy
Komori Corporation (hereinafter “the Company”) and the companies whose decision-making bodies the Company (hereinafter altogether “the Komori Group”) substantially controls due to holding the majority of voting rights, assigning the majority of the management team, and contractual relationships, possess a large amount of information in order to conduct business and so have established the following personal information protection policies to secure the trust of customers and society broadly and shall strive to protect personal information.
- 1.The Komori Group shall comply with the laws, national guidelines and other norms of each country that apply to the handling of personal information.
- 2.The Komori Group shall acquire, use and provide personal information in an appropriate manner, taking into account the content and scale of its business. This includes not handling personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the specified purpose and taking measures to that end.
- 3.When entrusting the handling of personal information in whole or in part, the Komori Group shall exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the entrusted party to ensure the secure management of the personal information whose handling has been entrusted.
- 4.The Komori Group shall not provide personal information to third parties, except with the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- 5.The Komori Group shall take measures to prevent and correct leakage of, loss of or damage to personal information.
- 6.The Komori Group shall continuously improve its efforts to protect personal information.
Personal Information Protection Policy, Personal Information Complaints and Consultation Desk
Tel: +81-3-5608-7800, General Affairs Department
(Reception hours: 10:00 to 16:00, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, Japanese public holidays, and company holidays)
Established March 3, 2005
Revised May 25, 2023
Representative Director, President and CEO