Combines sheetfed print quality with web offset productivity.
Upholding the development concept of combining the strengths of sheetfed and web presses, the Lithrone S44SP achieves high quality and productivity and reduces cost by double-sided, one-pass printing. Inheriting the Lithrone S series design thinking, the press features not only improved ease of use and design but also higher quality and productivity. Using a printing system that drastically curtails front-back quality difference, the press also significantly reduces stock cost by gripping on only one edge of the sheet when printing in double-sided mode. In addition, the problem of scratches and smearing is solved by the basic cylinder array without transfer cylinder between the printing units and Komori’s unique belt guide sheet transport system in the delivery.
- Sheetfed quality combined with the productivity of a web press.
- Enormously greater production efficiency due to double-sided one-pass printing and significant cost reductions.
- Printing system that results in virtually no print quality difference between front and back sides.
- Major reductions in paper costs because only one end of the sheet is gripped in double-sided printing. Platemaking approach facilitates operation in cooperation with single-sided presses.
- Basic cylinder array without transfer cylinders between units and delivery-end belt-guide sheet transfer system provide a complete solution to sheet scuffing and marking.
- Benefits from the design philosophy of the Lithrone series include outstanding ease of operation and superb machine design as well as extraordinary print quality and productivity.
|Number of colors||1×1
|Max. sheet size||mm||820×1,130|
|Max. printing area||mm||810×1,120|
|Feeder pile height||mm||1,450|
|Delivery pile height||mm||1,450|
* Performance and numbers may differ from specifications herein. Specifications may also be modified for product improvements.
* Margin for vacuum wheels on back side of sheet required.